[PRESS RELEASE – Geneva, Switzerland, 30th January 2023]
TRON Academy is now the official sponsor for the Princeton Blockchain Club, Princeton University’s premier student organization that focuses on blockchain technology. The club’s goal is to create a diverse and vibrant network of Web3 natives at campus. TRON DAO is delighted to have been involved with such a distinguished institution and such an innovative club that has a similar focus on education the next generation blockchain developers.
TRON Academy is expanding its influence on college campuses across the country, with a recent workshop at University of California at Irvine. The UCI Blockchain ecosystem is a hub for blockchain education, research, and networking. In collaboration with industry leaders, they host events with blockchain companies to identify efficient and practical blockchain technologies. They also help Orange County students develop the skills necessary for a career in blockchain. Thursday and Friday, January 26, and 27, 2023, Blockchain hosted the TRONDAO team at UCI for a workshop that covered Web3 basics and potential development opportunities in the TRON ecosystem.
TRON Academy recently launched a competition for research in collaboration with TRON Climate Initiative. Students from universities who are ambitious and passionate about creating a sustainable future for blockchain are encouraged to submit their work. Students interested in working together should conduct research and write papers that examine the environmental impacts of blockchain technology. They also need to suggest eco-friendly strategies. The winning teams will be eligible to publish their paper on the TRON Climate Initiative website, and receive funding.
Here are all the details:
- January 27, 2023 _ Announce and begin accepting early submissions
- February 2023 Officially accepting submissions from higher education student organizations
- March 2023 – Follow up and check in to see how TRON Academy organizations are progressing
- April 2023 _ Review and judge TRON Climate Initiative research paper
- May 2023 _ Hold a virtual event to announce winners, and award prizes
Ten winners will receive prizes in tiered distribution, from the first to the tenth places. The total prize pool will amount to 7,000 USDD.
- 1.500 USDD First Place
- 2nd Place: 1,250 USDD
- 3rd Place: $750 USDD
- 4th-10th Place: 500 USDD
- Grand Total: 7,000 USDD
- All papers must be submitted to us in English.
- A minimum of three and maximum of five members must be included in a team.
- Teams must be registered as students at a college or university and provide the contact information of an administrator or faculty sponsor (at least provide proof of current school attendance/registration).
- All papers must be submitted by the deadline via the TRON climate Initiative website
- All papers must contain a detailed and precise analysis of current blockchain technology and its environmental impact.
- The paper must include an exhaustive exploration of all possible strategies and eco-friendly options that could be used to reduce the environmental impact.
- All papers must be original and unpublished.
- All content submitted to this competition must be written by the student team (no faculty-written content).
- Exploring the Potential for Carbon Offsets in Blockchain Industry
- Analyzing the Impact on Different Consensus Mechanisms
- Blockchain Technologies and Renewable Energy: A Study of the Renewable Energy Potential
- Investigating the Environmental Impacts of Data Centers
- Blockchain for Sustainable Development: Harnessing its Power
- Evaluation of the Benefits of Decentralized Cloud Storage
- The Global Carbon Footprint: Blockchain’s Impact on Its Future
- Analyzing the Potentialities of Blockchain-Powered Ecofriendly Supply Chains
- Blockchain-Based Renewable Energy Trading: Assessing the Benefits
- The Potential of Regulatory Policies for Sustainable Blockchain Solutions: Exploring the Potential
Get the TRON Climate Initiative and TRON Academy Program updates first. Subscribing Subscribe to the TRONDAO newsletter. Send an email to [email protected] with the subject “Climate Research Competition”. This form is for those who are interested in learning more information about TRON Academy Request form.
TRON DAO – Information
TRON DAO, a community-governed DAO, is dedicated to accelerating decentralization via blockchain technology and dApps.
H.E. Justin Sun founded the TRON network in September 2017. It was launched by H.E. July 2018 saw the ecosystem integration by BitTorrent, a pioneer of decentralized Web3 services with over 100 million active users. In recent years, the TRON network has seen incredible growth. According to TRONSCAN, the network has more than 138 million user accounts, more than 4.7billion total transactions and $11.2billion in total value locked (TVL) as of January 2023. TRON also hosts the largest global circulating supply USDTether (USDT), stablecoin, surpassing USDT on Ethereum in April 2021. TRON’s network has been fully decentralized since December 2021. It is now a community-governed DAO. The TRON blockchain saw the launch of the USDD, an over-collateralized, decentralized stablecoin. It was backed by TRON DAO Reserve, which is the first ever crypto reserve for the blockchain sector. This marked TRON’s official entry to decentralized stablecoins. TRON was recently designated the national blockchain of the Commonwealth of Dominica in October 2022. This is the first time that a major public blockchain has partnered with a sovereign country to develop its national Blockchain infrastructure. The government has approved Dominica Coin (“DMC”) as a blockchain-based fan token that will promote Dominica’s global fanfare. Seven existing TRON-based tokens, TRX, BTT and NFT, USDD, USDT and TUSD have been given statutory status to allow them to be used in digital currency.