The buzz surrounding Ordinals (or as they are more commonly known, Bitcoin NFTs) continues. In what appears to be the first such swap, someone traded their CryptoPunk for an Ordinals one.
- Bitcoin NFTs (inscriptions through the Ordinals protocol on Bitcoin network) continue their performance and drive discussion within the community.
- The Ordinal Punks is one of the most popular collections. It is composed of 100 punks in the same style as the CryptoPunks traditional collection. The inscriptions are kept to a minimum on the Ordinals protocol.
- Their massive sales have attracted a lot attention, with most in the vicinity of $100K.
- Someone has traded their original CryptoPunk to get an Ordinal Punk, in what appears to be the first such swap.
Confirmed trade: Ordinal Pun 16 for Cryptopunk 4155 <@276695493441224705> <@900032291533881344> https://t.co/28If0WxlM5
— Ordinal Punk Sales (@OrdinalPunkSale) February 19, 2023
- This is CryptoPunk:
- This is the Ordinal Pug that the above was replaced for:
- It is also noteworthy that the most popular Bitcoin layer two scaling solution Stacks Network saw its native cryptocurrency STX rise by a staggering 50% in the last 24 hours, as the excitement around Ordinals continues.